Sunday

Why you should not take your child to the dentist with you

We finally made it to the dentist.  I am sad to say we have not gone in years....(uhmm ya don't judge me.)  We took the gang and went in for exams and cleanings, knowing that we would probably be back to fill a cavity or two.  Well turns out we all had cavitys to fill, except Hailey...who hates to brush her teeth...go figure.  So while I was getting my cavity filled Avery wanted to sit in the room with me.  At the time I saw no problem with this.

The Dentist thought it would be a good idea to use me as an example to show Avery how easy it was to get my tooth filled becaue she was getting hers filled after me.  As she was watching cartoons on the TV in the room he turns to her and says, "see Avery your mom is being so brave, she is so tough."  Avery looks at him and says "well she is not tough when my daddy spanks her."

I instantly started squirming and trying to explain...but my efforts went unheard due to the giant piece of plastic that was shoved in my mouth and cutting off all efforts of verbal communication.  The dentist cleared his throat and chuckled for a minute and then looked at me and said "oh really...well that is very interesting."  Right then I learned a very important lesson.  If you have a very blunt and chatty child do not take them anywhere....especially if you are in a situation where you can not explain what your child meant to say. 

(Disclosure....my child was referring to the times when Matt spanks me in a fun teasing way...it just sounded a little "dirty" to the adults in the room and she sat there a little perplexed and pleased that we were all laughing at her.)


3 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

Avery is so funny. Setiously So funny amie! Looks like u had a fun Christmas! We need to get together soon & see your new house! So glAd u live closer!

Amie said...

Yes we would love for you to come!!! Also if you are in town and need to get some things done we would love for you to drop the kids off while you shop. The girls were so sad we missed the skating party!

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS! kids say the darndest things for sure.