Wednesday

Old Bathroom Gets a Facelift

So this is Avery's bathroom. The walls are these ugly flowers....I have this same print in my kitchen and bedroom....and it is not wallpaper it is part of the walls like that paper that goes over Sheetrock. Anyway my brilliant sister found out that I could paint over it.....so here comes the paint.
I posted awhile ago that my sisters came up and helped me do some projects on my house. Well my sister brought some leftover blue paint and after she left me inspired I went to work on this little bathroom. I had to paint it white first so that those ugly flowers would not show through the blue. Then I painted the walls blue....but the color looked like a swimming pool....so I mixed it whit white and found a color that was much more pleasant. So after three coats of paint I had a color I liked.
Some random photo I have of Avery in a frame I made a long time ago.
My little window....

The tub also needed to be re-caulked so I had to scrape out all the old stuff and start again...it was very time consuming...especially for a pregnant lady who can't bend over very well:)

But in the end it was worth it...I got rid of the old "decorations" and tried to keep things simple...less business and less clutter.

0 comments: