Friday

Lady Bug Turns 3

To go with the Lady Bug theme I made a Lady Bug cake.....with mini lady bug cup cakes. Avery was so excited about this cake. I had told her I was going to make her a lady bug cake earlier that month and every morning she would wake up and ask me "mom are you going to make my lday bug cake today?"


This is my dad. The above picture was at Avery's party. My dad is notorious for getting in a cat nap during parties or other events. He tries to be sneaky about it......which makes it even better. At Avery's party I bought all the kids these little toys that you flip inside out and then they pop up high into air.......maybe you remember them from when you were a kid.....they are pretty fun.....anyway that is what is covering my dad's eyes......so you can't tell he is sleeping....until you hear him snoring:)
This is another party that my dad tried to sneak in a cat nap. This just happened to be my wedding reception. We will never let him live this one down. We were taking family pictures and realized that someone was missing. We searched the area for my dad and found him dead asleep in a nice comfy chair. What can I say....he is a party animal:)

5 comments:

Jess said...

LOVE that cake Amie! Will you make me one when I come visit in July? The little girls look great too as lady bugs! Oh and your Dad is classic! ;)

Scott said...

You are such a good mommy. You're so good at coming up with fun ideas for birthdays and everything. It's good that Avery is just a few months older than Jeff because it inspires me to make him fun cake. I think it'll have to be Thomas this year. He loves those silly little trains. :) Thanks for the inspiration, your making me into a better mommy one post at a time. :) P.S. Your dad and my dad should have parties together... they enjoy the same activity. :)

Nicole Stucki said...

You're so creative! I think that cake is the cutest thing ever. Ya it will be way fun to be pregnant with you through the summer. I'm going to Dr. Lovell and Dr. Merideth. They are great! Who are you seeing? Hope all is going good for you guys. We should all hang out sometime.

Jenni said...

Dang! That IS a ladybug. How awesome is that! I can't even remember the last time I baked a cake. Way to go...

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

VERY cute cake! What a great idea.