Tuesday

Boys Already!?

Avery has an imaginary friend. His name is Jake. When we ask her about Jake she gets really embarrassed and wont talk about him but today it was a little different.

Avery: Mom can Jake come play in my room?
Me: Sure
Avery: Mom where is my white dress? I need it because Jake and I are getting married.
Me: Humm I am not sure your daddy will be ok with this. You need to talk this over with your Dad.

Dad gets home....
Avery: Daddy Jake and I are going to get married.....and he is going to eat lunch with us.
Daddy: Avery, Jake is not allowed to marry you.

Avery: (Almost in tears) But Daddy.....I love him and we are getting married!!!!

I could see that neither were going to budge on this one and Avery was starting to get very dramatic about it.

Me: (Over Avery's protests) Avery do you want a Popsicle?
Avery: (Mid sob) Yes!!!!!

So far....food comes before boys......I hope this will last a long time. It would be great when she is a teenager and she is wanting to go steady with a boy that all I would have to say is "Avery want a Popsicle?" .... and she would forget all about boys.)

5 comments:

Jess said...

Hahahahahaha!!!

That is great! Love it!

Jewels said...

I thought your post was going to say you were having twin boys! I guess it shows that I don't know how far along you are. (I'm a friend of Matt's by the way).

Unknown said...

oh my WORD that is hilarious! I love reading your blog...it makes me laugh! And then I read it aloud to Tatton and I laugh some more...you're so awesome...

Scott said...

Oh man, that girl is too much. I tell Scott these stories and I think it makes him a little scared to have a girl. Poor dads, they stress about thier girls. :) Food is a wonderful substitute for boys... for a while. :)

Kalia said...

Ha Ha!!