Thursday





               Is it weird that lately I have been feeling like a shabby cat....you know what I am talking about.  Those cats that are just so ugly you wouldn't want to come 10 feet of it.  I was in the grocery store yesterday and saw the main article in the magazine was about beautiful celebrities and their post baby bodies.  I could not help but think my picture on that magazine would be more like this cat.  Now I am not trying to get sympathy or  trying to throw a pity party...I just can't help thinking their are others out there that may feel the same way. 

Sadly my hair has been falling out like crazy and has really thinned....making it really hard to do anything with....why does this even happen after pregnancy?...Like our bodies haven't been through enough!  Not to mention my baby weight does not go away till after I am done breast feeding...if it goes away at all....so needless to say I have 4 outfits that fit and shopping for clothes at the moment is miserable.

I wish they would make a real magazine about real women with real topics...not topics like how to throw a great cocktail party, or the perfect red carpet hair, or the best beach bodies of the season.  I want topics like...how to deal with your thinning hair, how to love your stretch marks,how to find a shoe in a size 12:) The people on the magazine would be real...imperfect people.  That is the type of magazine I want...but sadly this would probably never sale....which is too bad....because I would love to know where to find a size 12 shoe:)

4 comments:

Scott said...

I hear you on this! I find it so discouraging that the mags always have a headline about how some woman is too skinny, or too fat. It's never about normal, happy ladies who do everyday good things. I guess you're right. Sadly, much of our society likes to see the other stuff. Just never forget you are beautiful. Even when you don't know you are. You are a crazy talented gorgeous gal! I know you weren't fishing, but I like giving them anyway. :) On a side note, I'd give you hair in a heartbeat if I could. I got a haircut today and had to get mine thinned out like crazy! They guy cutting it seemed to feel sorry for me. :) Thankfully, I no longer have a triangle shaped hair do.

Amie said...

It's funny I have always loved your hair:..so thick and healthy. Hey funny story...kurts fiance is good friends with the sister or relative of that kid you dated from valley. She ran into him and when he found out she was marrying a nelson...he was like " is he related to Amie" and then she asked how he knew me, he explained to her that he used to date you. Anyway it brought back some funny memories....especially how your dad made me go everywhere with you guys.;)

Amie said...

It's funny I have always loved your hair:..so thick and healthy. Hey funny story...kurts fiance is good friends with the sister or relative of that kid you dated from valley. She ran into him and when he found out she was marrying a nelson...he was like " is he related to Amie" and then she asked how he knew me, he explained to her that he used to date you. Anyway it brought back some funny memories....especially how your dad made me go everywhere with you guys.;)

Anonymous said...

I could think of a few more headlines that I would like to see at the checkout counter. "How to brainwash your children into keeping their room clean" "How to be fully functional on 4 hours of sleep" "Meal plans for the rest of your life"

I'm feeling particularly frumpy in the post-baby weight department (and my "baby" is 16+ months old). Still trying to figure out how to fit exercise into my already crammed day. I too wish society could see us for the women that we are and not the image that we should be but aren't.