Saturday

Is it really almost July?

 I love this time of year...it finally feels like summer!!  We are headed to have an early 4th of July celebration at Huntsman Springs....so I thought it would be fun to have a little patriotic breakfast.
 So I made star shapped red, white, and blue pancakes.  When I was growing up I have found memories of pancakes.  My grandpa used ot make them for us...and he used to make Mickey Mouse Pancakes.  They were so special!!! Many times when he took us to the ranch house to fish he would make his specialty.... pan fried fish...that we caught and Mickey Mouse pancakes. So now with my girls I will make them Mickey Mouse pancakes on special occasions.
To make the pancakes I made up my batter and then spooned it into a mustard squeeze bottle that I picked up at the dollar store.  I clipped the tip off to make it bigger and then drew my star pancakes on my hot griddle.  Then Avery decided I should add some sprinkles to the pancakes...then we added some yummy syrup, berries, home made whip cream and more sprinkles to the top.  There ya have it a 4th of July pancake.

0 comments: