Saturday

My Girls

So the last few years I have been coaching high school girls basketball and this year it seemed to really consume me. I am the JV coach and I love it. I had some great girls but we had a lot of work to do. Unfortunatley my girls got to this high school level without being taught a lot of the basic fundamentals.....I worked them over and was constantly pushing them and they improved and really became disciplined. One of my highlights was when we came back from a thirty point deficit at half time to barley loose by two too South Fremont. Although it is crappy pay and stressful.... I love my job.
My little team. We started with eight but mid way through the season my starting point guard was moved to varsity so.....my team adapted and we made it through with seven girls.....some games we only had five due to sickness and foul trouble.
My biggest fans. Matt and the girls were at almost all of are games cheering us on. Matt is so supportive during the season and puts up with a lot. The late nights discussing the games or how to improve my team.....driving to all the games....packing the girls around....dealing with my stress....he was a champ through it all. Matt was such a big support in so many ways....he always had my back especially when we were stuck with crappy refs. Even from the top of the bleachers i could hear him cussing out the refs.
My girls decked out in their Teton gear. Win or loose Avery always said "Mommy you did great I am so proud of you." Ahhh pretty cute.
So this picture is to document me actually sitting in my seat. I usually stand most of the game and pace....and yell....:)

4 comments:

Jewels said...

That's awesome! I didn't know you coached. :D Keep those girls in line. ;)

Scott said...

Amie, you're the hot lady coach all the high school boys wants to pick up on!

Anonymous said...

"Even from the top of the bleachers i could hear him cussing out the refs" that is definite support lol.

and im with sadie... you look hot! i think matt was probably at all the games just to stake claim on his territory. :)

Matt Berry said...

I know, when the coach is that hot I have protect what's mine