Wednesday

christmas Morning 2013


 Christmas morning was gone in a blink of an eye.  I had worked so hard this month getting everything ready and was making gifts till last minute.  I was actually sad to see it come and go so fast.  The end of my favorite season.  The end of Christmas cheer, decorations, special traditions, and no more using Santa as way to get my kids to behave! 
 We have spent Christmas morning with Matt's parents for many years and it wouldn't be the same to not be with them.  They expanded their office this year and I thought they were in need of some decor to go on the walls, so I painted Ron some vintage signs to go in his office.
 Oh and what would Christmas be like without aunt Jess.  After we open presents at our house we go to her house to see what Santa left the girls there, and to see what Santa left for Jess's toy closet.  She is a very prepared Aunt.  I am not sure what we would do without her, especially at church.  When she has all the goodies and coloring books for the girls.  The girls love hanging out at her house.

 I would make a post about this eligible young bachelor, but since anyone who still reads this blog is probably family....that might be pointless.  He is also a great gift giver.  The present he gave Avery....I have taken over and have found my new hobby.  I have been learning how to make friendship bracelets, it's been a fun past time.
 The aftermath of Christmas morning!
 At least someone showed some excitement!  I planned and prepared and could hardly sleep Christmas Eve because I was so excited to see the looks on my kidos faces.  But instead Hailey was quiet and a little moody, Avery tried to act excited, and Mattie just wanted the candy.
 Grandma and Grandpa Erickson always stop in to share the experience and drop off the girls gifts.  I honestly don't know how she does it.  She gets all her grand kids and great grand kids presents and there are a ton of them.  She got my girls the cutest Pj's.  This really is the best thing about Christmas is just enjoying all of our family.
 We decorated the outside of our home for the first time ever.  We kind of had to because living in a subdivision with lots of kids means lots of fundraisers.  So we bought wreaths and garlands off the little cuties that came around selling them. 
My girls modeling some of their Christmas gifts.  I think Avery is turning into a little fashionista.  This kid loves clothes and when she says things like, "I look gorgeous," and "I look adorable in this ourfit," I hope that is just her being confident and not slightly vain.

Later that evening we packed up and went to Gooding for our Nelson Christmas party.  I have no photos of this experience because I just let my brother who has the amazing camera take all the photos.  But it was a blast.  I love my siblings and spending time with them was kind of like being a kid again.  We played and teased the only difference is we all had our spouses with us.  My Aunt Becky and Uncle Charlie were also there as well as my Grandma and Grandpa and it was a great reunion.

My mom even offered to babysit all out kids while we went to dinner and a movie with all the siblings (except Lara, she was the only one who did not come this year) and it seriously was the best Christmas present ever.  Grams took us to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then from there it was party time.  As we had time to kill before the movie the words FREEDOM kept running through my mind.  I am not going to lie, going out without kids is amazing!  While we played my mom had a party for the girls.  A pajama party that included chocolate fondue and games and movies.  The girls had a blast!  My mom is pretty awesome like that.

So that week we sat and watched movies, talked, put together puzzles, watched more movies, played games, had our Nelson gift exchange, ate way too much junk food and ate an insane amount of mom's famous ginger snaps cookies.  It was a great Christmas.

0 comments: