Tuesday

State and Graduation Present

I made this blanket for my baby sister's graduation present. It was the first time I have attempted to make this style of quilt.....I was really nervous it would not turn out...but in the end it looked pretty good. It took me a long time to put it together because I hand stitched some designs into some of the blocks.....but I finished it just in time for her graduation.


This was at state track in Boise. My sister went in four events was a medalist in three....not to shabby. It was really fun to watch her....especially when the weather was amazing!

2 comments:

Scott said...

The quilt you made is awesome, I want to try and make one of those, but I'm not really sure how. You'll have to show me how you did it when I'm out.

Also, your ring looks great too. How fun to have such a nice surprise from Matt. He really is a great guy! I don't mind the mushy stuff. :) I was just thinking today that when you get married everyone thinks it's cute when you're mushy, but later on they think it's annoying? Why is that? Do we just assume that once you've been married for a while that you don't have those same feelings? Anyway, enough of my soap box. :)

Also, Congrat's to Lara for a great job running. What a cool sister you are to go cheer her on!

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

your blanket turned out great!