Monday

Hey lady is that your kid?


This is the classic Avery face!
along with the licorice smeared all over her face... I had to post this bottom picture because it documents that Avery was actually sitting...she never just sits still but this day was so cold that she sat on my lap...for almost 5 minutes.
So before this post I wrote about some of the silly things Avery has done lately. Here are a few more to add to the list.

She loves going to baseball games and she has gone to allot. She loves to get dirty and play in the dirt and mud. We went to Matt's softball game last week and I was the only person that knew how to take score so Matt volunteered me. I hate taking score because it is impossible to monitor Avery. Well I told her to stay close by and stay out of the puddles....it had been raining all day. Well 5 minutes later a lady said..."uhmmm is that your girl playing in that puddle?" I looked and sure enough she was splashing in every puddle she could find. Oh well I thought and went back to taking score. 10 minutes later..."hey is that your little girl that just did a belly flop in that puddle?" I looked to where they were all pointing and Avery had found the biggest puddle and was trying to swim in it. She was soaked and covered in mud just laughing. She had a blast but I was not so happy because we had another hour and a half till all his games were over. So needless to say in between his games I packed up my soaked child and took her to the car....or more like dragged her...she did not want to leave those puddles. So she sat in the car in diaper sulking because I would not let her play outside anymore.

The last thing that she has been doing that has caused me a few embarrassing moments is she calls random strangers daddy. We will be in public at the store...or Matt's games and she will go up to a stranger and say "Hi Daddy." They kind of just look at her and give her a smile or some will give remarks like "uhmm I think you have me confused...I am not your Dad...well as far as I know I am not." I told Matt that he needs to spend more time with his daughter because apparently she does not know who her daddy is.

Well hopefully I can get her to just say hi or instead of daddy maybe I can get her to say sir...so people will think my kid is just really respectful and not confused:)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Goldthorpe Family said...

Avery so funny! I love reading the stories about her! Hopefully when Eric gets out of school in July we can make a trip up there and hang out with you guys!

Anonymous said...

Your stories remind me of my little nephew who somehow managed to poop all over the shopping cart. what do you do?!

Lizza said...

I'm glad I can laugh when I read this. Maybe I'm getting better at letting go of the things that make me want to either slit my wrists or scream over a loud speaker so everyone can know how upset I am.

Gini said...

She is so cute! It was fun seeing you guys this weekend!

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

pretty cute!