Sunday

Opps is it July already?

 So I realized the other day that I have not put anything on my blog for a long time...it was in desperate need for some updates.  So back in March...yah...I know that was forever ago..but my hubby had a big birthday. He turned thirty and we celebrated with food of course! I made him a pecan pie cheesecake.  It has been put in the category of "super delicious foods" and has been requested a few times since then.
 Birthday spankings...my girls might have had a little too much fun with this part...Sadly they love a good excuse to smack people...(ya my kids are sometimes violent...I will blame that on the Berry side)
 Avery had her 7th birthday and we celebrated at Bear World. The girls had a blast...I just can't believe I have a 7 year old.
 Avery finished up basketball and went right into softball.  This kid loves softball!  She would practice every day and even practice when she got home from practice...it was refreshing to find something that she wanted to work hard at.  She played machine pitch and was the youngest person on her team. Most of the girls were 3rd and 4th graders.  So last year she played tee-ball and this year she had to hit of a machine that pitched as fast as high school girls.  Her first at bat she was a little nervous but once she got used to it she would get right in there and crush the ball.  Watching her play has been one of the highlights of the summer so far.
So we have a ton of little girls in our neighborhood and my girls are having a blast...they all act like sisters.  I feel bad for Matt  because there have been times he has come home to 8 girls playing dress up in our house...but there are those occasional times when the boys will want to come over and play. I love those moments because I get to see just how different boys are then girls.  They despise our dolls and want to ride bikes or play baseball...so Matt will go out and play catch with them and teach them how to play baseball.  I like to refer to them occasionally as our rent-a-sons...we love our little community.

0 comments: