Tuesday

Just a few pictures

 My first introduction to Pinewood Derby.  We had a lot of boys participate and there were some neat cars.  The track was brand new and very high tech!!!  I don't know what was more enjoyable...the boys getting into it or the Dads getting into it.

 On another note Mattie turned one years old and this is how we celebrated.  My parents came up for the weekend and while I was cooking breakfast my creative dad helped the girls make use of some old boxes.  We call the above one "robot mommy" and the below picture is their play house.
 It is amazing to me that a pile of trash can turn into hours of fun play time for the kids.  Seriously....who needs toys!
 I kept her birthday low key....I hung up my apron on this one and opted for some delicious cupcakes from the Cocoa Bean instead.  My parents had taken us out to eat for lunch at Sizzler...so needless to say we were stuffed but luckily the birthday girl found room to devour a cupcake.


 So as part of my "diet" I have been trying to limit sugar...so watching her eat this moist chocolate cupcake with delicious creamy frosting topped with a fresh raspberry ....was almost to much for me.  I felt like I was one of those cartoon characters that is starving and sees the friend as a roasted chicken....my mouth was watering and I would be lying if the thought of licking her clean did not cross my mind. 
-don't you love her chipmunk teeth?

0 comments: