Monday

Tetonia Centennial

For our town cenntenial celebration we had a parade and a picnic. While I helped Matt with his city council duties....Avery took advantage of playing with all the local kids. She loves the swings.....
This is about the age where a little crack is still cute......apparently it is not cute when your older because whenever my pants slip.....Avery says "oh gross mom I can see your bum crack." ......and then she giggles ....

Uhm sassy?

So the highlight of the celebration was the pie contest. Matt was worried that no one had entered so I threw one together that morning. After the pies were judged the winning pies were taken up front to be auctioned off. My poor pie just sat there...left abandoned on the table with a few other "loser" pies. I tried not to let it bother me...but this was the first time my food was being judged. So I went up and grabbed my pie and sat down ...alone on a bench.....wondering where I went wrong. So I taste tested it and it tasted good to me....the others pies must have been awesome....so i watched the winners go up and get there big ribbons. Then it came to the grand champion pie and they could not find it. Matt came and grabbed my pie....after I had just stuck my finger in it to taste it and they announced my pie as the grand champion. It was kind of nerdy but I was totally excited....I tried to play it cool when they presented me with my big ribbon and my hundred dollar prize...but I was pretty pleased. The judged even told me that after they tried it they had to sneak a second piece. Then it got auctioned off for 50 dollars.....I just did not tell the buyer that I had stuck my finger in the pie....I didn't want to ruin the moment:)

4 comments:

Scott said...

That is soooo funny! You crack me up! Congrats on winning. The pie looks super cute! I love the flowers on top. Could you send me a pie so I can confirm that it is as good as the judges say. :)

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS! my pies have never won anything... :(

daegan said...

ok- so i was browsing blogs because my husband is not home yet and i'm not in the mood for dishes and making dinner. so here i am. i am a friend of matt's. i wanted to comment on this post because it is SOOOO funny. i really enjoy children's sense of humors. i have 3 funny little ones myself. anyway- that is an absolutely awesome story about the pie! anyway- you look like such an awesome mama! i bet matt is estatic to have a wife like you! ta ta! thanks for the read!

thecurtisandersonfamily said...

Your so awesome Amie! The grand prize winner and you just "threw one together". Miss ya. Janae.