Sunday

Monterey

Another cool Jelly fish.
Ahhh a shark! While we were in Monterey my dad, Jared, Jon and I went scuba diving. My dad is addicted to scuba diving and he and my brother Jon set up a trip for us to go out diving. I was a little nervous about it and asked my dad if their are sharks in the area. I guess you could say I am a little scared of sharks and being ripped apart....maybe it was from watching the movie Jaws as a kid or maybe my fear comes from watching the National Geographic special on sharks, and watching them rip apart a seal....I am not sure but either way they are a little scary. So my dad said that their were sharks in the area but probably not where we will be diving at. At that moment I was releived until he said "well if I do see a shark I will just get out my knife." At this point I felt a little safer knowing my dad would be the hero and try to fight a shark until he said,"I'll just cut the guy next to me and swim away." Knowing that I would probably be the one next to him didn't help calm my nerves, even though I knew he was kidding...at least I think he was.
Besides the scuba diving the next best thing was eating!!!!! We had the best food there!
This was such a great trip. It was so awesome to have almost all of our family there, except for Jenni who had just started filming so she could not come...and Kurt of course. The highlight was the scuba diving. The water was so scold and we had to wear thick wet suits. As I would descend I would get this big headache it felt like a brain freeze....I am pretty sure it was from the freezing cold water. But once we were down at the bottom it was awesome. It is a whole another world. My brother Jon is an experienced diver and well educated in aquatic life and he was a great guide. It was such a great experience and I can't wait till our next trip. Now we have to get the rest of the family certified so we can do these trips every year. Jon also had a awesome camera that he took pictures on so once he sends me those I will post them...they should be pretty cool.

1 comments:

Kalia said...

Wow, cool, and the mind pictures of the slashing was kinda funny!