Monday

Avery Basketball

 This year Matt coached Avery in basketball and I helped....but mostly tried not to take over:)  It is so difficult to subdue the coach in me, especially when it comes to basketball. We had a small team made up of girls with many different skill levels.  At times we barely had a team but towards the end of the season the girls started improving and having a good time.
 Like everything in our marriage Matt and are pretty much opposites in how we do things and this carried out through our coaching styles.  He was more quiet and relaxed while I did most of the yelling and walking back and forth on the sidelines.  Except when we were winning, that was the only time I was chill....or when I would purposely sit in the stands to let Matt actually coach:)
 This is our little team who worked so hard every game and improved so much.
 I did feel bad for Avery at times.  I remember being the coaches kid and it was hard treating her like all the other girls and not having higher expectations for her....even though she was playing with older girls.  Luckily not much gets under her skin and while I was yelling at her she would just smile and do her own thing anyway.

0 comments: