Sunday

Halloween

 Halloween 2014 was a busy one.  I think we had more parties in this month then we did at Christmas.  When did Halloween become such a big deal? Although I do love this time of year.  I love Autumn and when the season starts to change.

On another note.  While the rest of the world was dressing up as Elsa from Frozen, I made my kids dress up as the Chippettes. My girls have watched Alvin and the Chippettes over and over and they all think they are pop stars....so I thought this would be appropriate....although I am not sure many people knew who they were dressed up as....but I can tell you who they were not dressed up as....hint "Let it go."
 We had many kids come to our house this year.  I was glad I stocked up on Sam's club giant sized candy bags.  Our subdivision keeps growing and we were hit hard with little trick or treaters.  We hit a point where we had  to start rationing out the candy to make it through the night!  The millions of Elsa's and Anna's and super hero's that knocked on our door I was pleased to see the one Harry Potter costume.  I miss the Harry Potter costume days. I bribe my girls every year to dress up like characters from the book but they are not a Harry Potter generation.  They are a Frozen, Monster High, Super Hero, Disney Princess generation.  I am afraid I will never get to throw the Harry Potter Halloween party I have secretly been pinning and planning on Pinterest.  Yep I just outed myself....I am kind of a Harry Potter nerd....Don't judge!

 Brittany, Janet and Eleanor.....my little Chippettes!
This year was the second year I made donuts for a little get together after the candy scoring was commenced.  Nothing like fried dough with icing and cider to go along with you mini candy bars and chewy Dots. ....which by the way is a potential choking hazard.  I think all my girls have choked on a chewy Dot candy at one time or another. I am probably just bitter because I prefer they bring home chocolate in their stash that I conveniently pick through while they are sleeping. I pull out my mini chocolate bars and then put the rest in our treat/bride bucket.  Then Christmas comes around and I add to it with the leftover Christmas candy and then by the next Halloween I go through the bucket.  I am always throwing out the lame candies..like the Smarties, Good n Plenties, and those lame sauce butterscotch candies.

  I worry about my kids a bit between the months of October and December.  Their sugar intact doubles and they become little addicts.  One of our neighbors passes out giant pixie sticks at Halloween and it is my kids favorite.  But it is the first thing to be rationed out.  If left alone my kids would eat it in one sitting and it is seriously like crack cocaine for my kids.  They get the powder on their face and get all hoped up on goofballs.  After Christmas we have to do our own little intervention and try and detox them. Thank goodness for new years resolutions right?!

0 comments: