Friday

Kid Friendly Sushi

Sushi and Spring Rolls
It is hard to find a great sushi place when you live in a small town in Idaho....I was craving sushi last week and my kids love finger foods....and foods you can eat with chopsticks.  So for Avery's biorthday I decided to make a spread of Asian food. So I made California rolls, spring rolls, egg rolls and potstickers.  So I thought I would share how to make kid friendly sushi and spring rolls.

For the sushi I opted not to use nori or the seaweed paper stuff....my kids don't like the taste and they don't like the taste of raw fish so I leaned toward the California Rolls.  So instead of the seaweed paper I used rice paper wraps....the same you use for spring rolls....it worked great and my kids loved them.  Avery even asked to take some for school lunch.  I am sure she would of been the first kid in Tetonia Elementary to bring sushi for school lunch:)

I am not a sushi expert but what really helped me was having good sticky rice.  Matt asked the guy that makes the sushi at our grocery store and he showed him what to use....the rice was found in the Asain isle at our store. 

All you need is.....
-rice paper
-rice
-avacado
-cucumber
-carrots (for color)
-crab...I use imitation crab
-rice vineger, sugar, salt
For the recipe go to this site.... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/california-roll-recipe/index.html  For a tutorial on how to roll up your sushi you can check out this site.... http://norecipes.com/blog/california-roll-recipe/

For the spring rolls check out this site.....also serve these babies up with some yummy peanut sauce. ://www.phamfatale.com/id_1607/title_Shrimp-Spring-Rolls-Vietnamese-Roll-Recipe/.  The nice thing about these are you can put in anything you want...they are healthy and very portable:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good to eat

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing,the same to me
good news to u ,now order any item 10pcs or more can free shipping and 1pcs free as gift!
cheap nfl jerseys
cheap soccer jerseys
wholesale jerseys
cheap jerseys
cheap youth jerseys
nfl jerseys cheap
cheap nfl jerseys free shipping