Sunday

Sewing Avery's Costume

So I know I have a lot of pictures on here of Avery and Halloween but this year I actually went out of my way to make Avery's costume. This turned into a bigger project then I had planned. I tend to look at something and say...ohh I could totally make that and save us some money. I forget all the time and effort it takes to make your own stuff. Plus sewing does not come naturally to me. Some moms are really good at sewing and I am just not one of those mom's. I get bored with reading the patterns because I don't understand half of what the directions say...then I end up having to re-do it anyway because I did not read the directions. Anyway the point of my story is that I spent way to much time on this costume for it only to be worn once! I even made her Gryffindor patch which I will not tell you how long that took me to make. I could have very easily ordered it off amazon.com. Oh well! Avery had a good time and that is all that matters.

6 comments:

The Smaellies said...

Wow Amie!! Very impressive!

Kassie said...

wow , she looks so cute!!

Kassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kalia said...

I can't believe you made that awesome patch!! Good job!!

Spencer & Nikki said...

I am impressed! That is amazing, it had to of taken FOREVER. I can't believe how big Avery is getting. It is crazy how fast they grow up. Thanks for hunting us down. It is so nice to see how everyone is doing. You guys look like you are having fun.

Jake and Megan said...

What a cute costume! Avery makes me laugh. We haven't seen you guys forever!